A bike season lasting from March to November, about 300 days of sun a year
, fantastic panoramic landscapes, and hosts and Bike School that know what they are talking about: We can highly recommend Merano & environs for a mountain-bike, road bike or trekking bike vacation
Merano & environs is truly varied: there are blooming orchards in the valley, while alpine and high-alpine landscapes await you in Val d'Ultimo/Ultental. Avelengo/Hafling
offer plenty of panoramic landscapes and tour options, just like Naturno/Naturns
. Regardless of the bike type you prefer: you will be surprised about the large number of tour proposals that the South Tyrolean BikeHotels
and the Bike Schools
Highlights for a road bike, pleasure or mountain-bike vacation in Merano & environs:
Location & Route
- The road bike highlights Passo del Rombo/Timmelsjoch, Passo di Monte Giovo/Jaufenpass, and Passo delle Palade/Gampenpass
- The trail area surrounding Naturno and Rablà
- The apple blossom in spring – attractive for pleasure cyclists
- "Törggelen" – Thanksgiving for lovers of traditional South Tyrolean cuisine
- The organisational talent of the South Tyrolean bike hosts and Bike Schools – you won't have to think about anything!
The main village of the sunny holiday region Merano is located about a 10 minute drive from the capital of Bolzano, and about 1.5 hours from Resia Pass. Furthermore, over Passo del Rombo through Val Passiria you reach the spa town of Merano: a classic for road cyclists.